Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Downtempo Pop Music Critique


Downtempo, heart-felt tracks are just about the same toxic relationship I’ve been hearing.
2019 Mainstream music makes me want to die.

Posted Oct 14, 2019 03:23 by anonymous



Instead of going into a rant, let me just make a list and lay it out flat some of the topics that are popular this year:

Toxic relationships
Shallow intentions
Drugs
Depression
Materialism
Narcissism
Apathy

This music influences millions of kids, teenagers, young adults, and so many more.

There is no hope for humanity pursuing any these few topics that, year after year, hit the main charts.

Upbeat, positive tracks comes in the form of some person telling me about how sweet their lives are.

“Cool story.”

about for the past 10 years.

“Cool story.”

Yo. **Give me some wisdom I can get down to to..** Tell me a string of syllables that challenges my thought process. I NEED.

(*Btw I’m forced to listen to mainstream radio Monday-Friday, 8-4. It truly is lame. I love new music, but the topics are turning more and more into the same shallow, cookie cutter material. Furthermore, the instruments/beats are on point 2019. No trash against the actual music makers! Yes I’m aware that like 6 different production teams are responsible for 1 mainstream banger these days. Fact is, it still had to get made somehow by somebody. Big ups to those somebodys!*)

**Closing Prayer:** Our heavenly thang. Please, grant us a new wave ASAP. Thanks dude.

No comments:

Post a Comment