Saturday, April 21, 2012

Great Movie Dialog

"I do not drink [pause] wine."
--Bela Lugosi as Dracula

"Orange groves?"
-- John Huston as Noah Cross in Chinatown

"Leonard, who is this woman?!"
-- Marlene Dietrich in Witness for the Prosecution

"I pray God all goes well with you, Miss Melly, and I want to thank you for all you’ve done for Scarlett – and for me – from my heart I thank you."
-- Clark Gable as Rhett Butler in Gone with the Wind

Sister: "It may not be quite so cold, really."
Brother: "Stop it, Pam. It’s clammy and rotten!"
-- Ruth Hussey and Ray Milland in The Uninvited

"You and your dopey schemes!"
-- Cary Grant to Leo G. Carroll in North by Northwest

"You hit a cop, you’re going in."
--the judge in Good Will Hunting

"This is a nightmare."
-- Dustin Hoffman between clenched teeth in Tootsie

James Bond: "Do you expect me to talk?"
Auric Goldfinger: "No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die."
-- Goldfinger dialog

"I’m in love with a nerd!"
-- Elizabeth Montgomery’s daughter in Revenge of the Nerds

[in a resigned, deadly calm voice]: "It’s the Sta-Puft Marshmallow Man."
-- Dan Ackroyd in Ghostbusters

"One of the planes will get through."
-- the game theory mathematician in Fail Safe

[in response to a scream from the attic]: "The elephant man."
-- John Guilgud as the hospital administrator in The Elephant Man

"I pray thee, my lord, do not do this."
-- Richard Burton as Beckett, horrified by the notion of becoming Archbishop of Canterbury

"But history only remembers most what you did last."
-- Christopher Plummer as Mike Wallace in The Insider

"A whole world at war and I’m left out of it! God will not permit this to happen. I am going to be allowed to fulfill my destiny. So help me God."
-- George C. Scott as Patton

"Suppose none of us ever knew who she really was."
-- William Hurt in Body Heat

"We need a bigger boat."
-- Roy Scheider’s character in Jaws

"There is another system."
-- the computer itself in The Forbin Project

No comments:

Post a Comment