- Metal oxides and carbonates (widely used in pottery)
- Organic acids (used for home brewing)
- Solvents and acids (used in cleaning materials and other hardware applications)
- Photographic chemicals, such as silver nitrate
- Single-chemical fertilizers, such as potassium nitrate (used in agricultural supply)
- Chlorinating agents, such as calcium hypochlorite (used in swimming pool and water purification)
- Mordants, such as potassium dichromate (used in arts and crafts)
Details on the constituent chemicals of various household products can be found on the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Household Products Index.